Effective as of July 4, 2019
At Emissary Fine Linens, your privacy is of our utmost concern. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy policies, which are enumerated below.
Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 703-714-9390 or 202-363-1760. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy statement describes how Emissary Fine Linens collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website, www.emissarylinens.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information, as well as explaining how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
When you make a purchase with us, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We utilize this information in:
- fulfilling your order
- emailing you order confirmations
- sending you requested information about our products and services
- sending product and shipping updates
- responding to your customer service requests
- administering your account
- sending you occasional newsletters
- sending you occasional marketing emails
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletters or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Sharing of Your Information
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as shipping your order to you. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services on our behalf.
Other instances where we might disclose your personal information:
- When required by law.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If Emissary Fine Linens is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or use of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party only with your prior consent.
We use Google to place cookies on your computer to collect aggregated data, not personally-identifiable information, to compile overall statistics about visitors to our site to inform our own business metrics.
Our pages may contain electronic images known as web pixels, which are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. We may use such pixels in some of our emails, as well, to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients, allowing us to measure the efficacy of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We allow Google to gather non-personalized information about how visitors use our website. As an example, we know how many users accessed a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize our website.
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to Emissary Fine Linens. We follow generally accepted industry standards and best practices to protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you choose to use our shopping cart to make purchases, the transmission of sensitive information collected on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
Links to Social Media Sites
Our website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, please click on My Account link in the upper right corner of any page on our website.
We reserve the right to change or cancel any orders that have incorrect pricing on them due to human error. We will make every attempt to work with you to come to an agreement that is acceptable to both parties.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We reserve the right to update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our practices and website architecture. If we make substantive changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You may contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
Emissary Fine Linens
1776 International Drive
McLean, VA 22102
Phone: 703-714-9390 or 202-363-1760